ClassLink is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and you privacy is protected. The information below outlines our privacy and security policies. Additional information is contained in our software license and service level agreements. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we store. Learn more about our security protocols.
Our guiding principles on personal data
- Data Ownership: ClassLink acknowledges that all personally identifiable information about students, teachers, administrators, and parents is the property of the educational agencies ClassLink serves.
- Purpose: ClassLink is a trusted steward of personal data. Data received from educational agencies is to be used solely for purposes of providing educational services. Such data will not be sold or used for marketing purposes.
- Protection: ClassLink keeps all personal data confidential and secure. ClassLink team members are bound by contractual non-disclosure agreements. ClassLink’s data security protections include: internal data management policies and procedures, limitations on access to personal data, data encryption (for both data in transit and at rest), data systems monitoring, incident response plans, and safeguards to ensure personal data is not accessed by unauthorized persons when transmitted over communication networks.
- Disposal of Data: ClassLink permanently deletes personal data after the termination of a contract, when no longer needed, or when advised to do so by the educational agency.
- Correction: ClassLink enables users, or their authorized parents, to review personal information maintained in ClassLink and correct erroneous information.
- Discovery of a security breach that results in unauthorized release of personal data: ClassLink shall promptly notify affected educational agencies of such breach, shall conduct an investigation, and shall restore the integrity of its data systems as soon as possible. ClassLink will fully cooperate and assist with required notices to those individuals affected by such breach.
- Insurance: ClassLink shall maintain business insurance policies to protect the educational agencies it serves.