National Mental Health Awareness Month
As we make our way through another month dominated by pandemic news, we felt it was vital to share ideas and tips for bringing mental health tools, resources, and education to your students and school community.
While May is coming to a close, it is necessary to reiterate the importance of putting mental health front and center. Below are a few resources to help keep mental health in your focus as you enter the summer months.
How to Observe #MentalHealthMonth
Share the message! Taking care of our mental health is as normal as eating healthy, exercising, or even saving for the future. Why not share your own mental health stories, messages of support, or resources using the hashtag #MentalHealthMonth. Your contributions can help others understand that achieving mental health is a daily process.
If you or someone you know needs mental health support, visit one of these trusted resources:
- Mental Health America
- National Institutes of Mental Health
- American Psychiatric Association
Pro Tip: Create a resource folder and add it to teachers’ My Apps page. Fill it with health and wellness choice boards and resources for social and emotional learning. We’ve included some suggested resources below from trusted resources, including these choice boards from bestselling education author Dr. Catlin Tucker.
Well-Being Choice Boards
June is Just Around the Corner
We have many things to look forward to next month, so we figured we would get ahead of the curve. Here is our Top Ten list of things to celebrate:
- School is out for the summer
- We celebrate National Hunger Awareness day - June 6th
- We celebrate Flag Day - June 14th
- We celebrate Juneteenth - June 19th
- We celebrate our Fathers! - June 20th
- We celebrate National Employee Wellness Month - all month long
- We celebrate LGBTQIA Pride Month - all month long
- We celebrate National Month of camping - all month long
- We celebrate Children's Awareness Month
- We celebrate YOU! We are grateful for your continued partnership!
Pro Tip: Create a Managed Folder and fill it with resources for the summer.
Tech Talk: Limited Imports
Are you starting to think about how you will handle Summer School this year? Would it be beneficial for you to run imports that will only ADD courses/classes/users. Well, the new feature that we released could be highly beneficial to you - Limited Imports! With Limited Imports enabled, all imports will be set to disallow 'Delete' and 'Update' actions for imports. This means that imports run during the Limited Import period(s) will only perform 'Insert' and 'Reactivate' actions.
Use the following steps to set up Limited Imports:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Settings -> General.
- Scroll down to Limited Import, and click Add a Range.
- Click on Next Week, Next Month, or Custom Range and choose the range needed.
- Add as many Limited Import periods as you need by repeating the previous steps, then click Save at the bottom right corner to save your changes.
We made a helpful graphic to help you decide if you should use Limited Imports in Roster Server over the summer.
For more in depth directions on Limited Imports, read more here.