It’s that time of year again when school administrators are closing the books on the 22/23 school year and preparing for the 23/24 school year. There’s a lot to do, so be sure to review Step 3 of the Back-to-School Checklist and check out our product-specific reminders below!
- Update the support email in ClassLink to your district's help desk email address in Settings > Customizations.
- Import new AD/Google/Azure groups, if needed.
- Ensure that the ClassLink browser extension has been pushed out to Chromebooks and Windows devices. Otherwise, users can add the extension themselves.
- Ensure all students and staff can log in easily to their custom district login page. It is recommended that the login page is linked to the district website. If take-home 1:1 devices are used, it is recommended that the ClassLink district login page is the default homepage of the browser or that the mobile app (iOS or Google Play ) has been installed on mobile devices.
- Disable apps in LaunchPad that can show schedules.
- Disable My Classes in the My Classes settings in the CMC.
- Check ClassLink Academy for new courses.
- Update existing permissions.
- Remove any apps you're not rostering in the coming school year.
- Look at the Preprocessor to ensure you still need everything.
- Clean up manual records.
Start Your Free Data Guard Trial
As you prepare to roster apps for the new school year, you can also be ready to protect your students' Personally Identifiable Information (PII) with DataGuard. Schools using ClassLink Roster Server can access a free trial of DataGuard from April 1, 2023, to June 30, 2023.
ClassLink Academy Training
Have you taken courses in ClassLink Academy? Now is a great time to build ClassLink product knowledge. Earn your badges and share them with the world!
Here are a couple of courses we recommend for this stage of your BTS preparation.
Depending on where you are in the country, you may be at different stages of your back-to-school planning. Use our complete Back-to-School Checklist to guide you through whichever step you're in right now. You can also find these detailed checklists on your My Apps page (LaunchPad Homepage).